Maria Patrusheva, mezzo-soprano. She graduated the Maymonid State Classical Academy in 2008.
Since 2005 she has been soloist of the Moscow Philharmonic Society. Since 2007 she has been soloist of the Pokrovsky Chamber Music Theatre, where she has performed Zaida in Rossini’s Il turco in Italia, Margarita in Wolf-Ferrari’s I quattro /I quatro rusteghi, Orpheo in Gluck’s Orfeo ed Euridice, Colnelia in Handel’s Giulio Cesare in Egitto, Ottavia in Monteverdi’s L'incoronazione di Poppea, Sesto in Mozart’s La clemenza di Tito, the Third Lady in Mozart’s Die Zauberflöte, Dorabella in Mozart’s Così fan tutte, Cherubino in Mozart’s Le nozze di Figaro, the Composer in Strauss’s Ariadne auf Naxos, Baba the Turk in Stravinsky’s Rake’s Progress, the Mother in Stravinsky’s Mavra, Klavdia in Tchaikovsky’s Violist Danilov, Serafima in Sidelnikov’s The Run, Dorina in Stravinsky’s and Pergolesi’s Contract for Pulcinella with the Orchestra, or the Strangers Are Allowed, alto soloist in Pergolesi’s Stabat Mater.
In 2017, she joined the Novaya Opera Theatre. In 2018, the singer participated in the Mozart. Arias concert at the Veronika Dzhioeva Festival Opera Space.
Awards and Honours:
- Prize-winner of Young Russia Festival
- Prize-winner of the International Festival Competition Musica Classica (Gran Prix, Ruza, 2010)
- Special prize for the best performance of Verdi’s aria at Terzo Concorso Lirico internazionale Alfredo Giacomotti (Pavia, Italy, 2011)
- Prize-winner of the 6th Open Competition for performers of Russian Romance Romansiada without borders (2nd prize, Moscow, 2011)
- Prize-winner of the 4th Georgy Sviridov International Competition (2nd prize, Kursk, 2011)
- Prize-winner of the 1st International Competition The Composer of the 21st Century (1st prize in the category Academic Singing, Moscow, 2013)
Roles performed at the Novaya Opera
Madam, Sorceress in Michael Nyman and Henry Purcell's DIDO
Marthe Schwertlein in Gounod's Faust