Andjey Beletsky, baritone, graduated from the Tula State Musical College (1990) and the Russian Academy of Theatre Arts (1995, under Prof. Petrov).
In 1995, the singer, still a student, joined the Helicon Opera of Moscow, where he performed major baritone parts such as Onegin in Eugene Onegin and Eletsky in The Queen of Spades by Tchaikovsky, Police Chief in Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk by Shostakovich, Amonasro in Aida and Ford in Falstaff by Verdi. From 1992 to 1996, he also worked as a soloist with the Moscow Kremlin Choir. Andjey Beletsky has often performed in concerts, singing opera arias and romances by Russian and foreign composers.
Andjey Beletsky often gives concerts, performing romances and arias from Russian and foreign operas.
The singer joined the Novaya Opera Theatre of Moscow in 2001. Since January 2012 he has been a guest soloist at the Bolshoi Theatre.
Awards and Honours
- Сertificate of Acknowledgement for contribution to the development of culture in Moscow and many years of conscientious work (2017)
- Prize-winner of For Devoted Service to Opera Art Award by the Evgeny Kolobov Foundation
- Order For the Revival of Russia. XXI Century
- Prize-winner of the Pilar 2007 international competition
- Diploma-holder of the Romansiada international competition (2001)
Roles performed at the Novaya Opera
Christ in Respighi's Christus
Josias Priest in Michael Nyman and Henry Purcell's DIDO
Andrey Shchelkalov in Mussorgsky's Boris Godunov (in concert)
Tamar in Leoncavallo's Zingari (in concert)
Baritone parts in the productions Viva Verdi!, Vincenzo Bellini, Maria Callas
Gala concert in two parts