Anastasia Lepeshinskaya, mezzo-soprano. She graduated from the Krasnoyarsk State Academy of Music and Theatre.
In 2002 to 2012 she was a soloist of the Krasnoyarsk State Opera and Ballet Theatre. Between 2012 to 2017 she was a soloist of the Glinka State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre of Chelyabinsk, since 2017 she has been soloist of the Yekaterinburg State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre. The singer worked at the Saratov Academic Opera and Ballet, the Astrakhan State Opera and Ballet Theatre, the Novosibirsk State Opera and Ballet Theatre. She toured in the UK, the USA, Serbia, China, and Thailand.
The singer’s repertoire includes Olga in Tchaikovky’s Eugene Onegin, Joan of Arc in Tchaikovsky’s The Maid of Orleans, Polina, Milovzor in Tchaikovsky’s The Queen of Spades, Lyubasha in Rimsky-Korsakov’s The Tsar’s Bride, Cherubino in Mozart’s Le nozze di Figaro, the Third Lady in Mozart’s The Magic Flute, Rosina in Rossini’s Il barbiere in Siviglia, Amneris in Verdi’s Aida, Siebel in Gounod’s Faust, Carmen in Bizet’s homonymous opera, Suzuki in Puccini’s / Madama Butterfly/, Maddalena in Verdi’s Rigoletto, as well as alto parts in Tchaikovsky’s cantata Moscow, Kabalevsky’s Requiem, Scriabin’s Symphony No.1, Vivaldi’s oratorio Gloria, Mendelssohn’s oratorio St.Paul, Primak’s The master’s story, Mozart’s Vesperae solennes de confessore and Requiem, Beethoven’s Mass in C major, Haydn’s Mass in Troubled Times, Rossini’s and Pergolesi’s Stabat mater.
Awards and Honours
- Prize-winner of the 11th International Competition for Young Singers of Russian Romance Romansiada (1st prize, Moscow, 2007)
- Prize-winner of the The Theatre Spring Regional Festival in the category The creation of the convincing vocal and scenic character (for parts of Suzuki in Puccini’s Madama Butterfly and Lel in Rimsky-Korsakov’s The Snow Maiden (Krasnoyarsk, 2008)
- Prize-winner of the Regional Festival The Theatre Spring in the category The best secondary female role in the music theatre for the part of Olga in Tchaikovsky’s Eugene Onegin (Krasnoyarsk, 2009)
- Prize-winner of the 2nd Mikhaylov International Competition for Young Opera Singers (3rd prize, Cheboksary, 2011)
- Prize-winner of the Contest of Voice Contests of the 23rd Sobinov Music Festival (1st prize, Saratov, 2014)
- Prize-winner of The Golden Lyre Award (Chelyabinsk, 2015)
- Prize-winner of the Regional Festival of the Professional Theatres Stage-2015 in the category Performing of the opera part for Joan’s part in Joan of Arc in the homonymous production (based on Tchaikovsky’s The Maid of Orleans, Chelyabinsk, 2015)
- Prize-winner of the Chelyabinsk Region Legislative Assembly’s award in the Culture and Arts field (2016)
- Prize-winner of Carlo Zampighi Contest of Opera Singers (2nd prize, Galeata, Italy, 2016)
Roles performed at the Novaya Opera